Building engineering organization ASHRAE has published recommendations on how to mitigate potential health risks when reopening buildings closed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
It covers diverse topics that include:
- Strategic planning
- Tenant communication and safety training
- Flushing out HVAC equipment with outdoor air
- Increasing filtration levels in central air-handling units
- Using PPE when maintaining ventilation materials such as filters
- Following protocols that can help control waterborne bacteria that may have proliferated during during periods of limited water use
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces and refrigerated areas
To see the organization's complete list of resources see the information on the "Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response Resources from ASHRAE" page.
CenterPoint Group provides discounts to key suppliers such as Office Depot, Enterprise and National Car Rental, Travel Leaders Corporate, W.W. Grainger, Verizon Wireless and more
The information contained in this article is intended for general information purposes only and is based on information available as of the initial date of publication. No representation is made that the information or references are complete or remain current. This article is not a substitute for review of current applicable government regulations, industry standards, or other standards specific to your business and/or activities and should not be construed as legal advice or opinion. Readers with specific questions should refer to the applicable standards or consult with an attorney.